My baby bag weighs a ton! It's not as bad as it sounds. Carrying baby bags and pushing prams is my main form of exercise, so, I am OK with a large and heavy baby bag.
On a more serious note, I didn't know what to pack and what not to pack when I had my first baby. As a result I basically just packed every single thing that could fit into the bag.
Luckily I got better at it.
Here is a list of the things I always have in my baby bag:
- 5 nappies
- 1 pack of wipes
- 1 small pack of tissues
- bum cream
- nappy bags
- changing mat (preferably the disposable ones that you can buy at shops like Dischem)
- 2 spare outfits (incl. vests and socks)
- 1 cardigan or jacket (to be prepared for unexpected weather changes)
- 1 or 2 bibs
- sun hat (or beanie in winter)
- 1 thin blanket / swaddle blanket
- spare dummy and dummy container
- hand sanitizer
- fever meds and teething gel (you just never know!)
- sun screen (even in winter)
- on the food and drink side I always have a water bottle, milk bottle (together with required formula / breast milk), and a healthy snack
- 1 small toy / book
It's a long list, but I prefer to be prepared ... and I have a very big nappy bag :)
Let me know if there is any other essentials that I've left of the list.
Photo credit: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXTIZBBAeXJ/?taken-by=thandana_bags